Commitment to Privacy
Computational Class Notes Limited, an Irish corporation (together hereinafter referred to as “CCNL”), respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting it. In order to provide You with relevant information, respond to Your requests and increase the benefits You receive when visiting compclassnotes.com, we may request information about You. We want You to feel secure when providing such information to us and this Privacy Statement is intended to inform You about the type(s) of information we gather and how we use it. The Statement applies to information collected by CCNL.
Collection of Personal Data
You may visit a compclassnotes.com without identifying yourself or sharing any personal information. CCNL does collect certain domain information in order to improve and customize Your experience on its site(s). Specifically, CCNL may collect the following types of information when You use compclassnotes.com:
- Information You provide directly, including personally identifiable information, when You complete an online registration form for offers, events, user groups, training, trials, demos, etc. or submit an inquiry via email, direct mail, phone or fax.
- Information You provide directly, including personally identifiable information, by submitting an online job application.
- Usage data such as IP address, web browser type/version, operating system and website visit information such as date, time and pages viewed.
- Click-through information related to CCNL emails and banner advertisements.
- Aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as the number of weekly visits or page views at compclassnotes.com.
CCNL may use usage data in aggregated form to:
- Measure compclassnotes.com performance and activity as well as improve design and functionality.
- Work with third-party consultants to develop and distribute statistical and general information to best understand how our customers use compclassnotes.com.
- Investigate and prosecute security violations.
- CCNL will use personally identifiable information, such as name, title, company, and email or other address, to communicate special promotions, events and announcements. This information may also be used to provide the products or services requested, respond to support needs, and/or provide additional information regarding CCNL products or services. If You do not wish to receive future promotional information and material from CCNL, You are offered the option to opt-out of upcoming communications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
CCNL values Your business and strives to protect Your privacy. CCNL will never sell or provide Your information to list brokers or similar mass marketing entities. We may, however, provide information about You to our business partners and/or to vendors with whom we have contracted to in order to better serve Your interests and/or to support targeted promotions. CCNL will provide only the information that is necessary for the third party to provide those services we believe will be beneficial to You and we take measures to protect Your information. In such instances, CCNL’s master “opt-out” suppression file will be provided to such third parties in order to prevent unwanted CCNL material from being sent to You.
CCNL is a global company with customers and partners all over the world. Accordingly, the information we collect may be used, stored and/or processed in the USA or in any other country in which CCNL does business. By providing information via our website, You are consenting to the transfer of information from Your country of origin to any other country in which CCNL does business (including those with less adequate levels of protection).
A “cookie” is a small text file that is transferred to Your browser and stores information about Your interactions with a particular website. A cookie is then read by the web server that placed it on Your browser. It works as a sort of identification card, recording Your preferences and recalling previously entered information. By using cookies, Your navigation time is reduced and use of a website is simplified.
CCNL uses two types of cookies: A “session” cookie is temporary and is deleted once You close Your browser. Session cookies are used to help a user’s browser navigate a website more smoothly and may show up if the user comes from a website with which the subsequent website has some relationship (e.g., the website of an affiliated company). Session cookies can also give helpful information.
A “persistent” cookie is more permanent and is stored on the hard drive of Your computer. Persistent cookies are used to customize a website for a user. They may store passwords, preferences, registration and account information so that users do not have to re-enter this information each time they visit the website.
A cookie cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. CCNL uses both session and persistent cookies to collect and store information that allows us to offer better customer service and ensure easy navigation through our website(s).
You have the option of setting Your browser to reject cookies. In most cases, if You do not accept the cookie You are still able to use the site. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, You will limit the functionality we can provide You when You visit this site.
CCNL provides the opportunity to opt-out of receiving its communications whenever we request personal information from You and when You receive material from us. If You have difficulty opting-out, please e-mail email@example.com and provide Your name, e-mail address and subscription You wish to cancel.
Links to Other websites
CCNL may provide links to Internet sites maintained by others. CCNL does not review such third-party websites in their entirety and is not responsible for the contents of or any products or services offered by such third-party sites. CCNL encourages You to read the privacy statement of every website You visit whether the site is linked to our or not. CCNL provides these links to You as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or our acceptance of any responsibility that arises as a result of Your use of the site.
Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
CCNL Services are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is ISO 27001 certified as well as a certified PCI DSS Level 1 service provider. For more information please see the AWS Compliance webpage.
Our goal is to respect Your privacy. If You seek resolution to any privacy or data collection issue with CCNL, or have suggestions on how we can improve our policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCNL may modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time without prior notice. We encourage You to check this Statement often so that You are aware of how we are protecting Your personal information. Your continued use of this website constitutes Your consent to the contents of this Privacy Statement.